Friday, January 18, 2013

OCD?
Thoughts from the "Fly Box of Scott".
Look at all the nice little Sunny Chumbs all snuggled together. Just waiting for the hard water to melt. Question: If you use enough bags of salt to melt the ice, would it turn the lake into a Salt Water Lake? Just a thought:-)

Does anyone know, "If I drill a hole in the ice, do I use a sink tip or just a large bead head to get the fly down?"

As I settle down for a long winters nap(oops, missed the football game), visions of SLAB CRAPPIES dance in my head:-)

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, .... and you are not it", hello Chartreuse Sunny Chumb.

I have an empty row and am having trouble deciding what to put in it.
I have a new idea for my Damsel fly that I want to work on. Since the tail material is getting harder and harder to find I'm thinking about switching to foam. I'll have to experiment and see what works. I think that might be a good thing to do tomorrow.


I will again be toting in the Foam Cutter Press if anyone wants to use it.
Hope to see you all there on Saturday Morning.
We have a lot of interested and new tiers joining us this year. Let's make sure they feel welcome.
If anyone knows of any Fly Tiers or great story tellers that would want to come down and entertain us, just let Kevin or myself know. We are always looking to get fun, exciting people here to share their secrets with us!
Thanks,
Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks