Saturday, December 20, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


I have to that my freind C.J. Klenske for showing me the way!
Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all of you!!
I stopped by Cabela's and have us signed up for January 3, 2015 from 9 am to 11:30 am. Hope you all can make it. we will be in the conference center which is to you left as you come in the main doors (for us dyslexic people - your other right). They do charge a small fee of $25 per use. I tried to have her mark us down for all Saturdays in January but she was busy so I wrote a note and hopefully she got it entered. Lets meet at Perkins for Breakfast from 7:45-8:45 then we can head over from there. I know some where talking about the Machine Shed but that is out of my budget for breakfast and Perkins is close also. Perkins is at 7325 Currell Blvd Woddbury 55125 (just off Valley creek road east of 694).
By popular request I will be demonstrating the hummingbird fly for all those that want to tie along. (I will have enough materials for you to tie one (bring your own red 6/0 thread). Material list: Hook = Mustad 33903 Kink Shank size 2, Red or yellow 6/0 thread (beak color), Med. painted dumbbell eyes, feather for tail (I use pheasant neck feathers), Chenille for body (which ever color you prefer - I use Wooly Bugger Chenille Medium Olive), hen saddle feathers for the wing I like 2 contrasting colors but just one is fine (easier to tie), If you want a Ruby Throated Hummingbird, I use bright red Antron Yarn. 
Also; The FT3 (Fly Fishing Film Tour) is set for March 6 in River Falls (https://www.facebook.com/events/1513112412300114/?pnref=story) This will be a great event with lots of stuff going on (I will be a guest tyer along with others) (tickets available at Lunds Fly Shop).  And looks like 2 shows on March 7 at the Parkway Theater Minneapolis.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks