Friday, January 22, 2016

Saturday Tie-Along is Bully's Bluegill Spider


Hello All you happy Fly Chuckers,
I know its late and last minute, but tomorrow we were thinking about doing the Bully's Bluegill Spider. I have been researching this and there are a lot of different variations. This is a fly I have never tied before. I know a lot of club members have and hopefully they will demonstrate their pattern tomorrow as well. The one I am going to do is the original as tied by Terry Wilson himself. There are two links below. The first one is a Video of Terry Wilson tying the fly. The second is a step-by-step PDF file of it. I did not get a chance to print this off at work.


How-to-tie-a-Bullys-Bluegill-Spider
wilsonsbullybluegillspider.pdf
I have enough materials for anyone who wants to tie it.
If you want to bring your own materials that is great.
We will be tying it in all Yellow as tied by Terry.
Pattern Recipe
Hook = Mustad 94840 size 10  (Mustad 3366 size 8 has the same shank length but gives a wider gap)
Thread = 6/0 color of your choice (you need to bring thread)
Weight = .020 lead wire (I have the wire and also lead-free for those who wish to use that)
Body = Yellow Chenille size medium (or what ever color you want. I will supply yellow)
Legs = Yellow Medium Round Rubber (or what ever color you want. I will supply yellow)
             I will bring other colors of rubber also!

Hope to see you all there.
Thanks
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks