Friday, January 13, 2017

Fly Chucker First Meeting of the Year

Hello All you Happy Fly Chuckers
I know it's getting late on a Friday night. But I wanted to get a post out.
Thank you all for being members of the Fly Chucker Goup. This is the greatest group I belong to! I don't mean to offend the other groups I belong to. If Laughing Trout was closer to my home it would be a tie with them. Fly Chuckers is a great mix of all things Fly Tying and Fly Fishing and you should all be proud that you represent this sport so well. Thanks Ernie for sharing your fly last week. I didn't put any fly together for this week so lets just have an open tie. Think about any flies that you want to tie as a group and we can put something together tomorrow for next week.

Tip of the week:
 - As I'm tying flies getting ready for up coming shows I came across something that I think will help a lot of you in your tying. Dryer Sheets to keep static in check. When cutting a lot of foam or working with a lot of Marabou, Static becomes your enemy. Keep a dryer sheet handy to wipe your hands or tools on. With foam, if you wipe the top and bottom of the foam sheet before you start cutting, it will help (NOT ELIMINATE) a lot of the static.

Fly Challenge of the Week:
 - If you remember last year, I had everyone bring in their version of a Timberwolf fly. I was thinking that maybe this would be a fun thing to do more often. I would estimate that most of you Chuckers only tie once or twice a week, but maybe this we get you behind the vise a little more in the winter months. So this challenge is for next week. Bring in your favorite Bass Worm pattern. Next week I will have materials to tie "Scott's Bass Worm" We have done this one before but it is a popular request. I have a lot of material (available for small donations) and will post the material list in case you want to bring your own stuff. I might have some stuff to tie one tomorrow (maybe).

Pictures for the blog: SEND ME PICTURES TO POST ON THE BLOG!!!!!!!!!
 - Think about taking pictures of the flies tied each week. maybe we can put one of each fly on a table and take a group picture to post.

See you all tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks
Scott Nordby
Quote of the Week " May your bobbin not fray your thread"

Photo
This is my dad with his barn quilt he did for the front of the cabin!