Friday, February 3, 2017

Pink Pookie Tie along

I know this is late and not much warning but;
Lisa Asked me to cut up some Tapered Chernobyl Ant bodies because she wanted to tie some Pink Pookies. She told me that this was one of Bruce Nelsons favorite flies. After some trial and error I found some cutter that will work very well.

 So....
I cut up a couple hundred bodies.
And I practiced so I think I can explain.
But we may have a guess tier to help teach us this fly.

Here is a material list. If you have some of the stuff please bring it. I should have enough to share if you don't have something.

Pink Pookie (by Dean and Dandy Reiner)
(Hatch Finders Fly Shop, Livingston Montana)

Hook
Dai Riki 320 size 10
* other options size 12 2x long nymph/streamer hook
* 1x dry fly
* Mustad 3366 size 8
**( I also cut a larger size that the 3366 size 6 and 9671 size 10 would work for)
Thread = 6/0 red or pink
Under Body = 2MM Light Pink Foam
Over Body/Wing Cover = 2mm Tan Foam
Wing = Elk or Dear Hair
Legs = Yellow Barred Centipede or Tarantu-leggs
* yellow medium rubber and black sharpie
Indicator = Orange Foam

** I have all the foam you could want!

Links to step-by step
Dandy Tying the Pink Pookie
This one is a nice step by step also.
A little different in how the hair is tied in. I like Dandy's method better though.
how-to-tie-the-pink-pookie-hopper

This is just a sample, lots and lots of vid's and step by steps.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
Thanks
Scott