Thursday, May 3, 2018

SAVE THE DATE

Hello Happy Fly Chuckers
SAVE THE DATE
2ND ANNUAL FLY CHUCKER BBQ AND TIE-ATHON
JULY 14 2018
SCOTT'S HOUSE
9481 TYLER STREET NE
BLAINE, MN, 55426

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Questionnaire time
(copy and past answers to flytierscott@gmail.com or respond to email sent)

1) Do you still want to receive these email updates and notifications?
2) Do you want emails about local events or meetings?
3) Do you want blog update notifications thru email?
4) Do you think you will make the BBQ party (Not a commitment just for initial planning)?
We just finished another year of Chuckery. as most of you know we lost our venue choice at Como Dockside. My boss let us use the lunch room at my work to hold our meetings. While we had good turn out, it wasn't great. So I have some questions relating to this. Please be honest I have thick skin.
5) Did you like the location?
6) Did you like breakfast at Perkins?
7) Was it to far away?
8) If you didn't make a meeting, can I ask why?
      Was it to far away?
      Was it to hard to find?
      Where you just to busy?
      Other comments about location
      (I would really like to know so we can do a better job next year if possible)
* I will through in my two cents now to share: I would rather have had a more central location but this seemed to work well. The people that made the meeting seemed to enjoy it. Sad that more didn't make it. I did prefer Perkins over the high priced Como Dockside (and we had create waitresses that were really helpful!) . In fairness My favorite was still Black Bear's menu, food, Apple Rollover. I want to try to make it better to get more people to the meetings. I am very open to other venues, if someone wants to do the groundwork for contact, and checking it out. Don't just tell me without doing the ground work as my time is limited and I'm not good cold calling.

Thank you to all you Fly Chuckers for making our group a great fly tying and fishing group.
I hope we can make 2018/2019 season even better.

If you have any outing ideas you want to help put together I'm sure others will help and I will pass that information along after I make an event email list based on the information recieved above.

Happy Fishing
Send pictures for the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Scott

Check back soon for step-by-step of my new fly "Flame-Out"
New Fly “FlameOut”.
Designed for Minnesota Crappie and Sunfish.
Hook= B10S 6 (or 3366)
Weight= .030 Lead Wire (or Lead Free)
Thread= Red 6/0
Tail= Red Antron Yarn
Body= White Kraken Dubbing
Collar= Hot Pink Kraken Dubbing
Head= Red Thread
(step by step pictures on my facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks