Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rubber and Skirting Material

Hello to all. Thanks to everyone that showed up at the meeting today.
On a lot of the patterns we tie today, we use lots of round rubber and rubber skirting materials. Depending on where and how you buy these, they can be expensive. I would like to put together an order for LIVING RUBBER next weekend. Go to their site or look in their catalog, and put together a wish list and we will see if we can group an order to save some money.
They sell rubber by the pound and you can mix and match up to four colors per pound. A pound of fine round rubber (like I use on my sunny flies) is only $20. That's approx 166 feet of round rubber (only 12¢ per foot). That is almost 1600 Sunny Chumb's ( a mere weekends work for some of you)
They also have regular size which is what I use on my frogs, and one pound is about  83ft. That calculates out to only 25¢ per foot. If you don't need that much, it comes in 15ft lengths for 5.95 or 39¢ per foot  Either way it is a heck of a deal.
If Skirt material is more your style, they have those also. The Fire tip Chartreuse/Black-Orange that we used today, 25 skirt packs for 5.75, 50 skirt packs for 10.50, and 100 skirt packs for 18.00 (all one color on skirt packs). One person may not need one hundred skirts, and maybe you want to mix it up a little  that is where buying as a group is beneficial.


 Here are some samples of the skirt material and about 1/2lb of Fl. Pink  (quarter and a prepackaged length) .So look and think about some color choices. Note: For the frogs, The Round Rubber is way more durable, but there are a lot more cool color combinations in the Skirt material.
Living Rubber does not have the Centipede style round rubber (black barred), if anyone knows of a place to get that in bulk, I would be interested.
Have a great week and practice "Scott's Bass Worm"! We can compare boxes next week. :-)
Thanks, Scott
** Don't forget you can leave comments now. Don't be shy. ***

1 comment:

  1. Looks like there is a problem getting onto the Livingrubber.com web site. I emailed Paul from Living Rubber to see if the treat has been fixed. I will add a comment when I here back. I don't have any problem getting on the site with my Ipad, or my android phone (both work fine).

    ReplyDelete

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks