Friday, March 1, 2013

At HFFA Conclave

Hello All,
Sorry I can not be there tomorrow (Saturday) to tie along with you,  but I am down here in Davenport Iowa at the HFFA Conclave.

I did however stop at the Hobby Lobby and picked up a few things.Here is a picture of their foam selection and the 2.4mm beads (score*) (I did leave some for the slow people :-)
** Eric Kuta mentioned last week that his goal was to try every pastry that they have at Black Bear Crossing. So I think he should take a picture of the one he tries each week and write a review on it so we can post it. I think that would be wonderful. He needs to do 2 this week. He needs to do his new one and the one he had last week that he raved about. Please help and remind him. He can take a picture mof the pastry and e-mail me the picture and his review. I will post it tomorrow night. **** Please help remind him to do this.
Have a good time at the meeting. (if someone has a Iphone maybe we could do a face time - something for me to try on the Ipad)
Thanks
Scott

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if we were there at the same time?! Getting yarn for leech pattern. Scott, my table is next to yours at our HFFA show. Will be nice to see you. Michael's is on other side of I74 and Ben Franklin is on IL side, 10 min or less away. Hope your weekend is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, Is there any difference to foam-compared to Michaels? Is it closer to "fly shop" foam(minus the price, of course)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes and no. The fly shops are selling the same foam, but they (some) also have real Evazote fly foam. the difference is the amount of air bubbles in it (easy to tell when they are side by side. the foam that is in the craft store is more condensed or compact so it doesn't have the best floatability. I prefer the "Fly" foam if I can find it for my smaller flies to help them float. But the bigger flies like the Frog, the 2mm or 3mm craft store foam works great on. If I was home I would take a picture of each to show. I will had that when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foam from Hobby Lobby is the same as Michaels and Joann's. HL has more colors is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a pleasure to meet you at the HFFA this weekend

    ReplyDelete

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks