Saturday, April 6, 2013

Note Worthy Websites

Thank you all for coming to the meetings and making this a wonderful year for the Fly Chucker group. Hopefully it doesn't end with our weekly meeting and carries on throughout the summer with some fishing get togethers and float trips.
People ask about where to get materials online. First I want to say that the best resources we have are our local fly shops, Fly Angler and Bob Mitchell's   And don't forget your club discount at Fly Angler (10% with your club card - don't have one e-mail me I can get you one). But I know there are times when you need something unique that the local shop doesn't have so here are a couple links that a lot of club member use.
One thing to think about is, I haven't found a one stop shop yet. So you may have to order for a variety of sources.
J STOCKARD FLY FISHING   http://www.jsflyfishing.com/
JS has a lot of items but here are a couple things to look for. I have been real happy with the J Stockard Fly Hooks. I think they are every bit as good and at a fraction of the price. They always seem to have deals or specials, so even if you are not going to buy anything right now, sign in and get on their e-mail list for specials (I bought a lot of J Stockard hooks when they had a 15% off sale "SCORE"). They also have a rewards program that is very easy and great to take advantage of.
FEATHER CARFT  http://www.feather-craft.com/
A great stand by. Great specials a lot and very quick delivery. Prices are about equal to Fly Angler. Used to be my favorite until I saw the Hareline Shimer Fridge and they didn't have it (so I found J Stockard)
RIVER ROAD CREATIONS  http://www.riverroadcreations.com/
This is where you can get the foam cutters that a lot of use use and like. They have the same price as the stores and online places. But they have every cutter. They also have a lot of patterns and ideas. Tony is a great tier. You should like his facebook page. They are wonderful people and very easy to work with. and they ship quick.
LIVING RUBBER _ this is where we have been getting our bulk rubber and skirting materials. They had a Malware problem and are redoing there website completely so no link right now.
FISHINGSKIRTS.COM   http://fishingskirts.com/
Just found them. They have a lot more colors and great prices on skirting materials than Living Rubber. (Still not the Clear/Orange Fire tip that Kuta is looking for)
FLY TYERS DUNGEON  http://www.flytyersdungeon.com/
Great Stuff/ Great Prices You need to check it out. One piece of caution: You need to be patient with your orders. He makes a lot of the stuff as needed and it is a one man shop for now. But the stuff is way cool.

Buy no means is this a complete list and I'm sure many of you have your favorite places to by from. I can do another post maybe wit just links to other shops (people can e-mail me there favorite, with a little review if you like) and I will post them.
I will do another post with my favorite websites to visit  a little later I have rattled on long enough for now.
Thanks
Scott