Sunday, April 14, 2013

Misfit UVbond makes an indestructible body on RRMB

 John Gigler and I took a trip after our last meeting of the year down to Lund's Fly Shop in River Falls WI. http://www.lundsflyshop.com We went down to say "Hi" to Brian and I needed more material for some of the flies Brian has been posting (see below). It wasn't as far as we thought from St. Paul. After spending $XXX dollars on stuff I had to have, we headed home. Nice shop Brian! http://www.misfitfly.com/ I picked up some of this Misfit UVbond UV cure epoxy. It's not as thick as some of the other stuff I tried and it comes in a nice applicator bottle. I was tying up some fly for the Lew Jewitt FFF silent auction, and while tying up my RRMB's I was thinking about the rib getting chewed off by the sunny's. I tried some of the UV cure epoxy on the body. It's awesome. It's a little more time consuming to tie but I love the body now. Sunny' have at it!
This epoxy is tack free just like it says. The true test was not having my hackles stick to it.
Thanks to everyone that made this year of the Fly Chuckers so wonderful! Can't wait until next year. Hopefully we can get together for some outings this year. When we get closer to Ice Out (July?), I will post some dates for pan fishing up in the Chisago Lakes area.
Thanks again to everyone.
Photo of flies from Misfit Fly Co. website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks