Sunday, February 22, 2015

HFFA Show

Hello all you Happy Fly Chuckers,
Just got back from the Iowa HFFA Show in Dubuque. Had a Good and Interesting time down there. Lets just say I ended up ruffling a few feathers in more ways than one. A special thanks to all of the great friends from the Iowa HFFA clubs for make me and the rest of the Minnesota contingent feel so welcome. You are truly a wonderful group, and I'm glad to call so many of you "Friends". Thank you for in-trusting me with Charlene the Chartreuse Chicken! I now there are some fellow Fly Chuckers from Iowa that read this blog and I hope they can pass it on for me.
Charlene the Chartreuse Chicken with Scott
Charlene the Chartreuse Chicken is a "Honor" that is bestowed upon a different privileged individual each year. It was passed on to me by my good friend Lisa Davis (with some suggestions by another nameless individual). I was very "Shocked (that's a good word)" to be selected as Charlene's companion for this year. I need to take Charlene on some outings with me and write about her adventures for the "The Flyline" (HFFA newsletter). You will she Char (she told me I could call her that after our long ride home), at some club meetings and she does want to go to the FT3 Film Tour. So make sure you say "Hi" (She is always welcoming photo ops :-)
Charlene and her new friend "Pinky" the Squirrel

Add caption
Here is the letter that Lisa wrote about Charlene;
Thanks to all the Fly Chuckers that came down to the event. It was a very different show to say the least. Thanks for your help Paul with my video setup that was a big hit (even though John didn't appreciate it). Everyone I talked to after told me how much they enjoyed my presentation and being able to see it. I hope they get their camera setup figured out. They need a different camera pure and simple! Oops there I go ruffling feathers again. Sorry (I know nothing I could do about it) for the poor decision to have the banquet meal after the call auction. It has never been like that before.
Next year it will be in Des Moines, and they have Charlie Craven as one of their main speakers (Mike told me who the other one was and I can't remember).
Thanks
Scott Nordby

1 comment:

  1. Charlene & Pinky together are hilarious!! Looks like you are having a good time, Scott!

    ReplyDelete

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks