Saturday, November 19, 2016

Happy Holidays

Hello all you Happy Fly Chuckers!
Hope this is finding you all in good Health.
I now I haven't been on the ball with this all summer, but it's time to start posting again.
Kevin Kuta was able to get us back into the Como Dockside for this new season.
We are good for Saturday mornings from January 7th to April 1.
I also have him checking on our Early season planning meeting for Dec 10.
Dec 10 (Saturday morning) lets meet for Breakfast anyway as our kick off to the new year. I will let you know if we can tie down stairs or not.
I miss you all and look forward to seeing you all soon.
If you have any announcements that you want posted please forward them to me and I will get them up.

Upcoming events for 2017;
February 11 - Badger Spring Opener 2017 (Madison - one day show) (not sure if I'm going yet :-)
February 17-19 - HFFA Annual meeting and show (Iowa City)
    (Jay "Fishy" Fullum and Lori Ann Murphy Headliners that I know about )
(Not much on the website yet - http://www.hawkeyeflyfishing.com/newspost/feb-19-21-hffa-annual-meeting-johnston-ia/)
    (I got my room already but don't know if I'm tying yet or not, Sounds like volunteerism is down :-(
March 3 - FT3 in River Falls. A great time!
March 10-11 - Oregon Council for the 2017 Fly Tyer Expo in Albany, Oregon ( www.nwexpo.com/)
    (Still working on this one Paul Beckmann is going not sure who else. I'm still on the fence)
March 17-19 - Great Waters Expo (Hamline University)
March 23-25 - Sow Bug Roundup (Mountain Home Arkansas) (Got my invitation to tie!)
    (I leave on the 22 early (6 am ) or on the 21 after work and spend the night in Desmoines, come back on the 26 (12 hr - actually 11hr 54 min's :-) )
March 23-26 - Northwest Sports Show  (This will be the first show I have missed in 23 years :-(
July 20-23 - IFFF UMC Fly Fishing School (Rochester MN)
Aug 1-5 - IFFF Fair in Livingston Montana (I had a great time at the 2016 fair but won't make this one)

Local events;
Wednesday Nights - Laughing Trout Fly Tying. Wayzata American Legion
    ( different tie along and instruction every Wednesday (no meeting Nov 23) there are a lot fo Chuckers how are members and frequent Wednesday nights. Great Sliders !!)
Thursday Nights - St. Paul Fly Tiers. They meet at Guldens in Maplewood

Lots of reading so here are a couple pictures from Yellowstone. Hope to see you all on Dec 10.

Low water on the Yellowstone River (October level in August)

This counts because the Yellowstone river was warmer than usual :-)

Paul and Scott out at the Ranch

Henry Hoffman (Yes of Hoffman Hackles)!

1 comment:

  1. Scott, You are busy! I thought I'd tell you that I went to the Albany Conclave last year and am booked for this year also. I had a nice visit last year with Tracy Peterson as he now lives in the area. He remembered you and others i mentioned. Please let me know if you are going to make the trip. I think you would be amazed as they set up at least 50 tables and feature some very good tiers. Of course, you would count in that description. Do let me know so we can get together if you are there. Lodging is not expensive. If you want you can fly into Boise and ride over with me-make travel cheaper.I do check into this Blog once in awhile. I'll get up courage and post pictures of my fishing here(on the dark side!).

    ReplyDelete

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks