Wednesday, July 10, 2013

 Hello all you Fly Chuckers. I haven't heard from any of you in a while, and I know that I haven't kept this blog up like I wanted to. When I tie frogs I get the common question "How does it hold up?". Well after a long week on the water and one sore arm, I can answer that question like this - "Only a few fish (cause that's all I caught), but hundreds of Lily Pads". And it still went back in the box for another day. Seriously there is nothing more tiring that yanking the frog out of Lily pads all day. But the fish like it so it's a burden I must bear.
I have heard from a few of you on facebook and thru e-mail that the RRMB (Red Rubber Monkey Butt) has worked well for you. That fabulous. I know it has been a great fly for my whole family. We get to add another species to its hit list. My brother did get a Dog Fish on it. Oh, and we did finally land that northern on it. Look like I need a little quality control on it though. It should look better than this after 100 fish. But who's counting :-). ** I know this is a jig version of the fly, so you don't have to point that out LOL.
I haven't fished locally yet for Sunnies this year. We had such a horrible sprint (what spring) that I did get a chance. We did have a decent pre-summer at the cabin though.
Send me pictures (with  text if you want) so I can post them.
Have a great day.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks