Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hello all you Happy Fly Chuckers :-)
Hope you all had a great summer. Notice I didn't say "Spring" since we didn't have one. Sorry I didn't keep this up like I thought I was going to do throughout the summer. I didn't get to fish (at least fly fish) like I wanted this year. I never even un-tarped my boat (sad). It was a goofy year for me fishing, I hope you all had better luck. I kind of doubt it since on one set me any pictures to post on the blog. Hope some of you got to do a float trip or two. My float boat is still packed away. At least winterizing will be a snap this year. I went down to Lunds fly shop and had Brian show me how to tie some big flies for those Canadian Pike. No luck. I had a couples strikes but no hook-ups. I was a little (lot) underpowered on the rod. I had a 8/9, thought I had a 9/10, but 10-11 would have been better for those big flies. Not very heavy and did soak up water, but arrow-dynamic  they aren't. We didn't even get the camera out on our Canada trip in our boat. My brother and dad did a lot better. On the tying side, I haven't been doing much of that either. I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff (I'm Not a Hoarder!) to tie big pike flies. I tied three. I got a few flies for sale! Cheap! Only $66.667 each :-). No I'll use the stuff (I hope).
Anyway, for those of us learning to tie big flies, and those of us that already do, Brian Smolinski from Lunds and Misfit Fly Company, has graciously accepted my offer to come to one of our meetings this year and tie for us. Thanks Brian.

If you have any pictures for us to post on the blog, just email them to me, and I will post them up.
I miss you all and can't wait until we can get together again. Or do I just miss the bakery at Black Bear Crossing. Maybe a little of both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog. Please be respectful in your comments. Thanks